footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Starfish Story

I'm just going to blog about this little short story replacing what I wrote this morning...

I hope this can be a blessing...

As an old man walked the beach at dawn,
he noticed a boy ahead of him picking up
starfish and flinging them into the sea.
Finally catching up with the boy,
he asked why he was doing this.
The answer was that the stranded starfish would
die if left until the morning sun.
"But the beach goes on for miles and there are
millions of starfish," said the old man.
"How can your effort make any difference?"
The boy looked at the starfish in his hand
and then threw it safely to the waves.
"It makes a difference to this one," he said.

Often we're tired and wanted to give up. But to be a blessing is priceless... one person at a time...



And I re-quote what Pastor Andreas of MDC and Pastor Kong of CHC said: "People don't care how much you know, untill they know how much you care."

2 Comments:

Blogger TuiteeBot said...

It is a very well written article. It should be read with retrospection introspectively in relation to one's journey.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well phrased. Must really treasure the friendships, who know one day we might not be able to see one another.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home