footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ring My Bell

I dunno why I was so hyper today. I was busier than before and yet I felt more alive. Yeah, maybe I need to be busy. But to tell you the truth, after last Tuesday's meeting at Church of Our Savior, I felt lighter. Not that everything is gone, but I was just happier.

Wednesday was another "milestone" in my life. I received my PR card. I'm a Singaporean... well at least for 5 years. And with that I can apply for my own mobile phone. To some of you, you might not understand why that's important to a person like me. Well, it's a momento that some of my prayers have been answered. I've been a vagabond all my life, born in Indonesia, live in America and now settling in Singapore. To me Portland is always be my home sweet home. But still when the lady in the Singtel counter asked for my ID (IC in Singapore :D), I handed that card confidently. One of my prayers, was that God will grant me a place to settle and I was too slow to recognize that my prayer has been answered. Of course when I prayed, I was still in Portland and I want to live in US forever, but I was flexible about Singapore, tho not too sure about Indonesia (unless something else happen of course).

Another thing, my friend Darren, reminded me about the fact that I'm a working person, and that I can stand on my own two feet. I felt that I'm starting to belong in the community, not just mooching up the country, not that Singapore will mind, I don't think. Hehehe... No matter how I feel about my job, it's still an answered prayer. Jon told me not to loose focus... I agree, although I feel that I'm placed there for a reason. I hope I'm in the right direction. Que sera sera...

So yeah, I'm writing this post for my new cell phone. It's a reminder of my answered prayers. I'm so hyper that I wrote a silly e-mail about it. And even gave the wrong number to a client... GASP! Oh well, she can always call my DID. I'm yet to memorize my number perfectly. So yeah, call me! hahahaha... or SMS me.

"Toast!" ... Random picture of me and my Indo buddies, Agus, Roland, Jeffry and my lovely cuz, Sisca at Sentosa. Yeah, we talked about our inability to speak Chinese too :D

Mannn! I'm sooooo tanned now. :( My 14 years of hybernation in US gone down the drain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon Tan said...

Hey Sis,

Welcome to be part of a stressful city! keke...

Anyway, good for you... dun need any work permit already right? Ok if you are unhappy with work, call it quits any time! haha...

Ok, Ok, dun lose focus...and trust in the lord always!

Cheers & Amen!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Welcome to Singapore. Settle here. It is a good choice because you will see many of the meows around. Kuchinta! (2 meanings)

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home