footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Sunday, March 05, 2006

"What is love? Baby don't hurt me... :-D"

About love... what it means really. The Bible says it best in 1 Cor 13 of course. It's practically read in all weddings. Well, at least Christian weddings. And to a hopeless romantic like me it's like a reason to sigh more... hahaha... Yeah, it's more than that of course.

I went to CHC with my sister today. There's a drama, taken from a true story that happen last year. A Christian man whose neighbor was a non-Christian. Christian was being judgmental about everything, but with his wife's prompt, he began to open up and befriended the neighbor. They became friends and then both changed each other to be a better person. One day the non Christian found out that he's in stage 4 of Cancer. He's dying. But because he seen the care that the Christian guy showed, he and his family accepted Christ. Soon after, he died. And he was saved. There's a reason for everything. And God loved that non Christian enough to let him be saved first so that he goes to a better place. *sniff sniff snort* (I seriously cried on seeing the performance) One of the lines that the actor said, "Love is worth to be taking risk for". True true...

God is love. And today Ps. Kong was taking examples from Luke 10, Matt 8: 1-3... basically the point that Ps. Kong wants to make was the human interaction. Jesus didn't come to preach, he came to love. At some point he stretched and embraced a leper. Love means to deny yourself and care more about others. Learn to understand and see the life of other people more than about you. The focus is not on you.

Mark 5: 21-24, 42-43 ... What did Jesus do? Concern about human needs. Don't shove the gospel down someone's throat. Soul winning is about preaching through your life. Do your best and trust God to do the rest. And again... People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

Yeah I guess, I'm not talking about romantic love. But for me, I am trying to be as sincere as I can. Of course, I sometimes entered relationships; might that be friendship or something else with a selfish thought... what can this person do for me... while it's suppose to be the other way around. Just like "Count of Monte Cristo" would say, "I'm just a man (or in this case... a girl), not a saint" :P. But especially in a romantic relationship, although the need to be loved is my main concern, but I also stirs clear from playing with people's hearts. Often some of my friends and relatives said that I lack of tact or too brash, and too naive... but I thought I was just being honest.

God knows my hopeless romantic heart... But yeah, Love... For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son... (John 3:16)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home