footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Much Ado About NOTHING

I'm glad that Shakespeare was brilliant enough to ink that sentence, so that I can just plagiarize it for my own good... Or I'll be speechless as what I should put as my title for this blog.

I have been blessed by many people since I came to Singapore, but it seems that certain things are... well, it's getting old.

Personally, I am timid, lack in self control, weak in the flesh, emotional, lacking in PR skills, don't like confrontations, and as much as my little walk in faith, I am fallible. I can only claim everything to God and let Him be the judge.

But when I saw people surround me starting to attack each other, I realized something else. Something has succeeded in making a group of young people who are eager to serve God fall into pieces. Yes people are different and flesh is weak. And I felt as though now this something is happy about the situation.

I found a quote from a movie "Bicentennial Man": What's right for most people in most situations isn't right for everyone in every situation. For some reason I feel it connects with the Parable of the Sower on Matthew 13. How do you view your own heart? Do you treat others as God would want you to? And is that heart (yours or others) a ready soil to plant the Word of God? Is your own conduct can bless other people? Are they really blessed or you're just imagining it? Are you the sower who is careful as to where to throw those seeds, or just blindly throw them according to your will? Or are you the birds, the stones, the thorns... etc. Please people... adjust it accordingly.

I got hurt a lot when even my parent uses God and the Bible to point finger of condemnation at me. Luckily God was too stubborn to let me go, and hence I never bitter at Him. But is this what we will ended up with? Using God's word as a way to attack one another? I thought the word of God are tools to bless people, especially our fellow brothers and sisters? Are we building each other or plundering each other? Are we understanding the word of God for our own purposes? "Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; for the heart of this people has grown dull." Isaiah 6:9

It hurts me too when people I cared about start to hurt each other. I don't want to side with anybody, and my struggles (my importants and not importants) are different from everybody. So I can't judge why people behaved and acted a certain way. And yet, if we choose to bicker just so that people will see our way, when will it end? Wait until we become NOTHING as well? "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." Matthew 12: 25b

The reason I was not rooted at another church (after my first church fall apart) the last several years in US was because something like this too. I saw the ability of people who called themselves as Christians hurting one another, and then other people... the hypocrisy of it all. I'd rather bless people as much as possible and slowly letting them know that I am a part of God's children, rather than announcing to the whole world who I am but yet not behaving like one. I am not ashamed of the Gospel, but I don't want the Gospel to be ashamed of me too. It's not an easy task to do.

Just like a quote in my old post... The quote that I've got from both Pastor Andreas of MDC and Pastor Kong of CHC: "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." Another one from Proverbs 18:24 (NKJV), "A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

But the title of this blog is description on how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home