footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Curtain Call

So here I am... Finally gain back my freedom. My last day at work draw to a close today. I practically dragged the till today just to end it. I thought I would drop everything on Monday, and yet I stayed until today (Saturday). But I was actually having a good time, although I kind of helping my colleagues doing some cleaning up labor.

Things that I noticed and what I learned from the whole thing. Sometimes people don't appreciate a good thing when it's presented to them and taking it for granted until too late.

I thought that I would say goodbye to some of my clients since I won't be rendering my services to them anymore. Well, about 2 weeks ago, I was sending invitation to dinner to the UOB Asset Management kids. My senior told me about the company's culture to invite clients to dinner, hence I enthusiastically done so. They're nice kids, made some of my tiring nights a bit bearable. However none replied back. The ones that replied were because they're out of the office and it's an automated reply. Very nice indeed. So this time, I was telling them goodbye plus reminding them about the invites, and not expecting any replies, although I was not surprised when practically all of them replied back to me. I was touched when they offered their well wishes to me. And some told me that they regretted because they won't be able to 'see' me in person, since I won't be there at the dinner.

I'm not saying that they're missing out seeing me, but why wait until a "dramatic" incident happen before they responded to a dinner invitation.

But I left with a good feeling too. I bought some food and drinks for my colleagues. Although there's no going away party, people are stopping by and talked to me, but they didn't really brought up the fact that I'm not going to be there anymore. For once that place feels like home. Everybody was calm and actually had a good time working. A colleague told me that I will be missed because I'm one of the friendliest in the company. Some asked for a way to keep in touch with me. And these are the ones who I don't communicate everyday. They just felt assured to see me sitting at my spot and be around them. Ironically they asked for my name cards, which starting this coming Monday most of the infos on it will be invalid (From all the 18 boxes of my name cards, only 3 ever went to clients. The rest went to my friends, hehehe...). I'm glad that in my short period of me being there, I could be a blessing for some people. Things like these are the ones that made me feel sad to leave the company. I wished that I have the energy to handle the job and I would've stayed on longer.

In a way, I can appreciate how Jesus felt when He fed the 5000. I only fed not even 1 percent of the people that Jesus served and I can feel blessed too. Being a blessing is a good feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home