footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Monday, April 10, 2006

"Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey"

....or in this case by Anne... To all of you SNL (Saturday Night Life) fan ol’ timers, you might know the Jack Handey bit. It’s basically some random character who acclaims his thoughts to be deep. Of course if you know the show at all, they’re all just silly comments. Well, I wanna do that kind of format for this posting.

Deep thoughts #1
Do you know that I forgot my login name for my own blog? This blog. Hehehe… I remember the password but not the login name. That’s a first. I must be “that” burned out :P I have to go thru the whole "remind me again, please" routine, hehehe. What's my name? Hahaha

Deep thought #2
I think the company that I work with is hacking thru my personal e-mail account; somebody that works there. Why would somebody do that? So unethical. So if you are the person who’s got nothing better to do than checking out my e-mails and which sites I’ve been going thru... Read this… “YOU AIN’T GOT NO LIFE!” *Ahem*… *Calming down* Perhaps because I came from the quiet and laidback town called Portland, I’m letting my guard down. (Hehehe, considering Portland is housing INTEL Inc. :P)

Deep thought #3
Do you ever ended up staring at someone not because he/ she’s handsome or beautiful but the other way around? I don’t want to be rude or anything, but I thought this girl looked ‘unique’. She has two very small eyes, thick glasses, small nose and … whatever… I won’t say the rest. But to me she just look so unique, made me look at her several times, because although she’s not pretty at all, her face was proportionate, tho I think some parts need to be fixed really bad. It’s not a scar, it’s something fixable and don’t need plastic surgery.

Deep thought # 4
I had a “wedding” dream last night. I was being fitted for my wedding gown. I don’t want to interpret it as anything, but the good things of course, hehehe… Well, not sure about whom am I marrying, which kinda sucks, hehehe… but someone was there. Don’t know what his role yet tho. Hehehe…And of course this was not my first wedding dream or the likes, but in my previous dream… long time ago, his name was my groom’s name. But since that dream, I encountered quite a bit with that name, so it’s like… whatever, hehehe… and here back in Asia, encountered some more… haiz… I don’t want to get stuck with a name tho…

Deep thought # 5
Has the connection with the above topic, I think because of this I dream what I dreamt. I saw a pretty white dress on Zara yesterday as I went shopping with Ai Pei, Edmond and Bernard. It’s a semi formal, not some cocktail dress. I want to wear my party dress, but Andrea wants people to wear white for her wedding… My whites only belong to my shirts and office clothes. None of my party dress is white. It’s not very flattering you see. Makes you look big in the wrong places. But I may buy that dress for Andrea’s wedding after all. It’s still wearable for other functions. Tho I still think it’s a bit too expensive. It’s S$145… about US$90. Dude… that’s muy expensive-o, hehehe. I probably can score a dress like that at Limited for about US$75. Or the GAP (they probably only cost US$65 here)… Or Banana Republic… *sigh* missed those stores. Yeah, I’m still converting things to US$.

Deep thought # 6
I cried watching Narnia DVD yesterday. When Aslan died. I know that the story based on the Bible and it hit my heart about the sacrifice that Jesus had made for me. Yup, I’m simple that way. I didn’t cry when I watched Passion… or perhaps I did. But I found things that didn’t really work with me on Passion (maybe my expectations were way too high and I didn’t think the movie delivered), and for Narnia, it’s easier to digest, because everything is in a “parable” rather than interpretation (tho the acting not as good as Passion)

Deep thought # 7
This person can make me happy or sad. Lately more sad. Maybe I’m just tired :P

Deep thought # 8
I’ve become a zombie lately that even Jay and Ai Pei commented about the dark circles under my eyes. And when my friends like Dee, Emily, Jon and Edmond started helping me to look for another job… it’s that bad, hahahaha… Dude, I forgot my login name. Harharhahahaha...

Deep thought # 9
I have a burden for one of my colleagues. She reminded me of the people that I left in US, the ones that supposedly I ministered. She’s a nice person and often asked about my well being, where I should’ve been doing what she’s doing. I felt helpless sometimes. Being a Christian and actually show it is hard… I keep her in my prayer for now.

OK that’s it for now… got to re-submit my resume to the internet…

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon Tan said...

yo! u really have many deep thoughts ya?

try changing all that into prayer points and u shall see more joy in life! =)

anyway, easter is coming! put all things aside and let's focus on extending God's Kingdom. Call upon the Lord, and He shall strengthen u!

God Blesses!

10:10 PM  
Blogger phang said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:29 PM  
Blogger God's Grace said...

Jon,
Thanks for calling them deep, hehehe... Always aim to please :P

Juju...
Well, I thought I just want to be nice and paraphrase things. Ugly is such a heavy word. Tapi terus terang nih ya, nih cewek giginya tongos beeng, sampe kaya tikus. Yg keliatan cuma 2 gigi dan matanya kecil banget. Tuh... puas ga lo?

About baju kawin, not really shure how it looks like, but a bit open in the back, because I think my mom fuzz about it, hahaha

About chickflick... Just like heaven? I thot the movie was OK, Si Alin demen banget tu

Who do you want to guess? Tahu Tempe? Juhi? Gudeg? Jengkol? Empal? Bandeng Goreng? Kok jadi laper sendiri gue, hehehe...

Ngapaiin toh ya lo nonton film kaya gituan. Dawn of the dead. Sok imut aje lo!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home