footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dead Week

I'm all alone in my office now, doing nothing but waiting on orders that never come on time and it's already 9.53pm. At least as I started to type this blog. This is my 4th day in a row, I'm going home this late at night. But this time I'm totally alone, since the rest of my colleagues already gone home. Might as well just use the facility to play around.

I wonder about life now. Perhaps I do have that artist mentality that you should just enjoy life, then again perhaps, I'm still too American to understand that in Asia, people don't understand to the term, "Stop and smell the roses". I mean, working is a part of life... yea. But dude, there's time to stop too. I saw the fatigue on the faces of my colleagues. I wonder, is it worth it? Some of my colleagues hardly sees his/ her family. Their home is at the office. Wow... I wonder if I too, one day will get sucked up in the rat race. I hope not. Live to work or work to live... *sigh* Like my case at the moment... It's not by choice I stayed behind. The company that I'm rendering service does not stop working until late, hence I got to follow their rhythm... or quit. The thing is, this is my first job in Singapore. Should I expect this for all companies? My colleagues said that this only happens, during the financial statement period. At least twice a year. Oh well, we'll see. This week suppose to be the dead week. Hahaha... Remembering that term from my final weeks at Uni. Dead week. So so true.

Anywhoo... Hmmm, I want to write about this one song that stuck in my head these last week, but I guess it has to wait, since now is 10.35 and I'm leaving :P

PS: I'm adding this at home now...
Captain's log 11.29pm... hahaha
One more thing I noticed... when you're too tired, you become forgetful. I ate salted fish fried rice for ta pau dinner... and I planned to bring it home, since I only ate half... and so, mixed with the never ending amendments, phone calls and fatigue, I left it there. Boy of boy, it's going to smell tomorrow. I hope not, but oh well. And I misplaced my notes, well, things kept on being misplaced. Hmmm, so maybe if I meet you, I'll be like this, "Oh your name is Donald? I thought you're Daisy." Hehehehe...

3 Comments:

Blogger B.R.Dailey said...

Wei, Anne! You seem to be enjoying your life in Singapore, otherwise! I trust the time you spend outside of the office is facinating and will create memories you will cherish for the rest of your life. Absorb the world around you and live life to its fullest. And if you get board, stop by my blogsight for a laugh or two. Leave me a note if you want me to rant about something, also. Afterall, it is my job, being the Center of the Universe and all! Zai jian!

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the strength of the Lord be with you each day as you carry the cross for Him.

Colossians 2:5 "For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you're and how firm your faith in Christ is."

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jon Tan said...

Ok, im not going to give you any holy encouragement now.

its no doubt in singapore, we live to work. so you have to judge by yourself if this job is challenging enough for the time you spend on it? does it boast your cv or market value? no point keep drawing strength from God and waste it on things that are not eternal...

if not, forget it and move on. dun burn your life unnecessarily. we only have 1 life to live.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home