footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My First Day... of School

Hahaha... Seriously tho. Last Monday was my first day of work. My dad actually drove me to Newton MRT, because he didn't want me to be late. And then on the second day, my mom walked me to the bus' stop and actually waited until I safely tucked inside the bus with the other 'kids'. The only thing missing is just the white picket fences and my lunch box... And the fact that the bus wasn't yellow... *sigh* I missed America. Darn, I miss my car, Duchess.

Oh well, like a good student, I got to the principal's office aka, HR dept. early. The appointment was supposed to be at 9am. I was there at 8.45am. And guess what, HR lady came out... ooo... only a little bit after 9.20am.

She then took me touring the campus, and the pressure of being a new kid was resurrected all over again. All these people looking at me... Fresh meat. And then I was being seated to my classmates. Luckily this ain't Highschool anymore, I didn't meet a queen bee and although I couldn't remember everyone's names, I'm glad that I'm being in a group with Indonesians. I think it's a friendlier territory. And they helped me to get through things.

I'm very grateful for them.

Ooh and today, I got my very own namecards, hehehe... They're pretty... What a dork, hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home