footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Baptism Sunday

Today I was privileged to witness some of my friends' water baptism at Big Splash. I should say that a lot of teenagers got baptized... I felt as though I was in a rally for some high school function. Especially at the end of the day when they got certificate of baptism and their friends yelled and rooted for them... On the way to the Big Splash, Yihong bought us all ice cream. Like a good Sunday School kids we became more manageable, hehehe... Just kidding. And we got to stroll the beach. Pretty-ness!!! KAWAIII! I thought I was the only one about this issue of anti-tanning, so I was glad when I heard Andrea's plead for an umbrella to shade from the sun. I thought I was the only 'ajummah' in the crowd, hehehe.

Ai Pei and Bernard were the two that got baptized from my crew today. I think only Peishan couldn't make it today. Ai Pei's family came in for support. Some of us asked Jay to be baptized too, I even offered him my scarf as his change, hehehe... And like a gentleman that he is, he only smiled at my joke, hahaha... But him and Edmond, I think, took my picture when I was eating (more like chomping)! How nice boys! Better not be circulated or else! Grrr... just kidding. Yeah on the process of taking the pictures... the ones on the poolside, I managed to get tan, because my umbrella's holder, Jon, shaded himself more than me. How nice! Hehehe... Lost was my attempt to preserve my pale-ness from 14 years being in US.

At the end of the day, we ate at some hawker corner. Ai Pei and I shared seafood horfun and still can’t finish it. We were talking about a German movie titled “Hitler” but in Germany the title supposed to be “Under Dang” (I probably butcher the spelling too) meaning “Under Way”. When Ai Pei didn’t hear the translation, I jokingly told her that under dang means, “Underwear”. Edmond almost turned himself into a Merlion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home