footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July

If Christmas has its cozy Chestnuts song, the memory of celebrations for Fourth of July mostly brought some growling to my stomach. The memories of barbecue grilled in my open backyard, from steak to California Honey BBQ ribs!!! Oooh the sweet aroma *drool* Got baked potato, fries, rice pilaf, coleslaw... Oh the many pounds and calories that I have since lost, hehehe. Life was sweet.

And then the fireworks! I kinda disappointed with myself for never visited the Waterfront when all the hullabaloo was happening. In all my 14 years in Portland, I was always being content watching it through the comfort of my family-room's TV. Well, I was not too keen on being in the middle of suffocating crowds, with the mix of light-weight booze and crying babies. My neighbor sometimes also provided us with fireworks of their own, so being cheapskates, we just pulled our folded camp chairs and enjoyed the festivities on a clear July night and had a full tummy complete with grand time with family members.


Sigh... This fourth of July I just reminisce about the place I once called home. Just like the songs played many moons ago amidst the crowds... GOD BLESS THE USA!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home