footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Writing a legacy

One of my ex-church mates posted a Youtube about 'forgiveness', inspired by a journal entry of Mary Karen Read, one of the victim of the 2007 Virginia Tech Massacre. Many sources (that I roughly googled) said that it was her last entry to her journal, about a couple of months before her death. She wrote, "When a deep injury is done to us, we will never recover until we forgive." Sometimes I would just wonder, how would these people manage to write something, that are meaningful, somewhat if not related to their untimely end. It's like they get hints that the end is near, but were spared of the anguish of knowing it. I believe she's not the only one. I just can't think of anyone else at the moment. Aside from writer's block, just to be inspired to write anything that could mean something is tough. Even if I want to pour my heart out it might sound like Shakespeare on acid. Or like Pollock's painting, lots of splats of words that may look more like colorful bird poop.Or atonality music like Schoenberg's that always made me failed to recognize in my music classes. A bit tough to identify and yet it has character that is original and survived as a legacy of its creator. I wish my gibberish can be more meaningful. Even to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home