footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Saturday, May 26, 2012

To Write Again... Or At Least Try

It has been one year and a half, give or take, since my last post. Things happened, happy and sad. It's life. Within that window of time, I lost my dream job, I became a mother, I was fatherless, and now I'm in my second month in my journey to be a mother again. Life with God is just so full of surprises. How can I explain to myself seven years ago, that I will be blessed with two children, when at that time, my reproduction system was in jeopardy? How would I calm myself as I was crying at night, heartbroken and worried that I would end up unmarried and if I do, childless? I still remember as the year rolling to 2005. I finished watching all the fireworks on TV, I stared at myself in the mirror in my toilet, ruminating: What will become of my life. I was going to be thirty and yet, I was single, with no career or anything to be proud of and overweight. I felt alone, overpopulating the world with my existence and downright ugly. Well, I guess, I'm not everybody. I should have known that I am no standard. Most of my school mates were either married with kids or married to their jobs. I still clung to the hope that I can be that next 'Christina Aguilera' and I collected clippings of celebrities. And as the year 2005 rolled by, my life had stream rolled itself to many milestones. I did remember that God had assured me that everything will be OK. I left my home that summer 2005, uncertain and crying in the airplane alone. I was diagnosed with a huge fibrosis in the fall, operated on, recovered. And toward the cusp of 2005 I met a friend who would become my husband. Now with my second baby inside me, I felt as though I was being speed up in life. Me, who are not fond of kids, are blessed with two - my first one is very cute to boot, that I couldn't stay mad at him for long when he's throwing his best to annoy me. I couldn't do that to other kids or babies... I still can't. It's like God knows my weakness when He gave me Taylor. Taylor is really tailored to fit me. People said that because he's my son that is why I find him irresistible. Perhaps. But I'm still very biased to say that he is just the cutest, full stop. If all these are not God's grace, I don't know what's this. Be writing again... Have to feed the baby in my tummy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home