footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Friday, January 22, 2010

One Bum Factor on Modernization


It’s been about four months now, I’m being paid to write and edit. I must say that I like the job. Although, there’s some hick ups here and there, especially in terms of financial situation (I shall not write it down in details because this is a ‘public’ diary). I get a lot of perks with this job: opportunity to interview some celebrities, attend some galas and runway shows (which reminds me of scenes from ‘Ugly Betty’) and a whole lot of freedom.

Now I don’t want to so say that it’s a big bummer that we are blessed with the comfortable modernization and advanced technology. But before there’re blogs, Facebook, Twitter and what have you, to have your ramble being published is quite a novelty feeling. Sure there are newspaper and magazines where people can just submit their op-eds. But even being included in the newspaper or magazine was cool, I thought. I remember when I was younger and I wrote some comment on some celeb and see if my scribbles ever made it to print. As you guessed it, they never did.

Then as the internet becomes something that we can’t live without, I ventured out to have my own thoughts ‘published’. Whether or not it’s being read by people, I treated it like a diary (like what I’m doing right now). And then I realized and excited when people actually read and write relevant comments on my posting. It feels like a ‘payment’ to my writing. After awhile though, the feeling washes off especially with a lot of platforms where people just pen their thoughts. Writing became highly saturated.

I am now an editor and also a writer for a small magazine. And I just realized that I have some printed/ published scribbles. I’m still in an outer-body mode in terms of my career. I assure you, at the moment, it’s not as glamorous as it may sound. But I believe we can head to that direction. What made me realize all these is because my aunties in US told me that they’re enjoying the magazine that I sent them and only read the article with my name on it. They told me a few months ago. I didn’t think much about it. I only felt it few days ago, as I was slaving away trying to get my third edition finished on time. I’m being published. No matter how big or small this feat is, I appreciate this rite of passage.

If only I wasn’t too twitterpated in the modernization… Like what I’m doing right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home