footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fireworks at Lavender

This year was not my first year in celebrating the National Day of Singapore. But it was the first time I'm in a different place than my living room. Although the celebration was not at ground zero, the atmosphere was still as festive. My second time celebrating this special day for Singaporeans and I was in the midst of them this time.

I'm posting several scenery pictures that was taken from Grace's balcony. It was beautiful. So Daniel, I dedicate this blog for you. So you can feel the Singaporean atmosphere through my blog, hehehe... And the smell of Duriansss. I don't think you'd mind that do you? Here are some pictures taken from the balcony...








Here's the fireworks short video that's captured with my camera. (The sample photo was captured by Dee's camera, I just took the video)




I got to show off my culinary skill by serving my "Dutch heritage influenced" fruit salad. Actually glad that my friends like it. Was worried for a moment. The who's who of our caregroup was there, plus our new member Gene. We watched the fireworks from the balcony and it's kind of funny whenever somebody yelled, "Fireworks!" People would started to run outside. It's just pretty similar reaction as though somebody yelled "Fire!" :P

It was a clear night and we can hear the festivities too... through TV, hehehe. We could only hear the boom of canon and fireworks from afar off.



After the fireworks died down we settled on a game of "Blokus" or practically watching other people played it. Singapore Idol contestants serenading us on the background. Then of course the much awaited group picture.





The event of the night was closed with the trip to Durian mongers in Geylang. It's awesome to witness Gene's Durian experience.


The night was closed with funny smells and laughters :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home