footprints in my life...

detailing one day in the life of Anne

My Photo
Name:

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. And every victory, let it be said of me. My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone." --- M. English

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Euphoria… Definition:

I was on my way to a job interview last Friday. But now I know how you feel when you’re feeling, “This is the day that the Lord has made.” I was in a euphoric mode. Woke up earlier, not feeling anything but joy, I read my bible and just do anything else that I need to do. I was feeling the favor of God yesterday. In my heart, I just know, whatever happens for the rest of the day, I knew that I’m having a ‘date’ with my God. When you’re with someone that loves you, everything seemed to be wonderful and nothing can deviate that feelings.

On the way to the train station, I listened to an Indonesian praise and worship by “Giving My Best” Crew. And I thought I’m going to have an ‘altar call’ in the bus. It was just wonderful.

I guess it depends on how people want to view their life. As I was waiting for the train at City Hall MRT station, I stopped in front of one of the doors. There was this faded sticker that somebody pasted on the glass window. It said, “Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards.” And I learned that God speaks through little things, even something as insignificant as a faded sticker. Do you see your life as half full or half empty, as people would say. You can worry your life away or you choose to live your life with full expectation of great things. Stressed about your life or just walked your life with the hope in God that everything will be sweet and beautiful (I’m writing all these so that I myself can re-read when things don’t go my way. God give us such days like these so that we can remember.) Wow… the things that you learned...the things that God use to encourage us. Even in such a public place like an MRT station.

Nothing can steal my joy that day. I mean, I got lost in Tampines station trying to look for a bus, I was late for the interview, and I was alone. But God was with me all the time. The interview was not hard, and although I still have to wait for the result, I was still elated. The people there were friendly and although I don’t have my full PR status yet, they let me register with them, unlike the other agency that I went to. When I was on my way to go to a care-cell meeting that night, the bus that I rode was quite full although there were some seats left. The bus had some leaking problem. Although I still got some water dripped on me, but it’s not as bad as was said by the lady who told me earlier not to sit there. The water dripped more to a sit in front of me, who happened to be empty. I was also blessed later on when I joined my friends from Hope Church for a good fun and sharing the word of God that night.

It was overall a great and awesome day…

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

“Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards”..that's interesting. I learn something new again. I believe we will have great joy in life when we learn to see things in God's perspective ;-)

Joy of the Lord of our strength!

1:09 AM  
Blogger God's Grace said...

I know, I learn new things everyday, and that in everything there's always a reason to be grateful about.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home